Today is September 15. The high is supposed to be somewhere in the low 90's. Hm, things that don't mesh? Well, we all have colds, so in some ways fall IS here, but I'd much prefer beautiful crisp Fall days. With any luck we'll be looking at highs in the 70's to low 80's by midweek.
Like I said, the kids have colds. Toby's started Saturday morning, then Luci started Saturday night with an unholy night to end all nights (I think she was up for a total of 3 hours, and up for the day by 6...not fun for anyone!). She's teething too, so she's just plain miserable. Last night with the help of Motrin she was only up twice and went right back down, and today she's still snotty but not as overtired as she was yesterday. Curtis and I are fighting a touch of the cold, but hopefully we can hold it at bay.
Another Monday. Curtis has class this afternoon, so he's busy this morning preparing. Luci is now napping and Toby is playing with Thomas. Have I mentioned he is now a HUGE Dora fan? I let him watch an episode last week and ever since it's "Dora this" and "Dora that"....and since Dora is hugely into commercialization, every time we walk into WalMart he goes into a tizzy with all the Dora merchandise. LOL! He has for the time being given up his Sesame Street obsession in favor of Dora and the occasional Blue's Clues.
Luci is still working on walking. She's up to 5 steps at the most and will take off for the middle of the room, just to fall flat every time. But I think she's bound and determined to figure this walking thing out. Today she is 9 months - eek! I will have to get the camera out later and take pictures. The camera has been suprisingly lazy lately, which is why there haven't been any new pictures up. I suppose I should remedy that. Tomorrow is her 9 month checkup so we'll get to see how big she is. She certainly feels heavier to me so I think she has gained a LOT. She is a girl who loves her food. Poor thing, the only thing she got from me was her thighs.
This week is a busy one. Tomorrow is Luci's appt, then the kids start swim class. It's an infant swim, designed to build comfort in the water. Both kids will be in the same class - it's for 6-36 month olds, so I've really been hoping we could find a time when Curtis could go so we could get both kids in. The class is this week and next, Tues and Thusdays from 5:30 to 6. Then Wednesday is when MOPS starts up - YAY! I am so excited to get things going again. Luci will be in the childcare for the first time, so I'm a little nervous since she is most certainly a "Mommy's Girl" and has a tendency to Freak Out when I'm not in sight. I think it will be good for her. Toby will have a blast in the Moppets program - the 2 year old program has a structure to it much like a preschool, so it will be great for him twice a month! Thursday morning is story time at the local bookstore so I'd like to at least take Toby, but will probably take both of them. And then Friday we have plans for a playdate. Whew! I'm tired just typing all that out! next week is book club so I need to work in enough time to finish my book - AND I'm hosting and since we just don't have enough room here (and it's in the evening and with the kids rooms so close to the living room I think it would = no sleep for the kids) I am looking for a local restaurant where we can meet. AND I have to find 3 books to suggest for next month's read! At this rate, September is going to fly by!
All right, off to finish some things up, I will update with 9 month pictures later!
No comments:
Post a Comment