Nothing too exciting going on here. Curtis grilled hot dogs and brats for dinner tonight and I made mashed sweet potatoes - yum! Though Toby wasn't a fan - I thought he'd like them. But, alas, the allure of watermelon was far stronger. Luci however, loved the sweet potatoes and hated the watermelon! Go figure.
We've been watching the hurricane coverage today. I was glad to see it was less than it could have been but we are watching the Atlantic with some trepidation. If Hanna comes north and hits South Carolina, it could quite feasibly come straight north to us. We don't want to see that kind of rainfall right now - that's just too much. And of course the current track (I'm watching the 11:00 news) has it heading straight to us. Yipee.
On to other subjects - like my cherry tomato plant. Ah yes, the only way to get Toby to eat his tomatoes...and I have a Tomato Hornworm horning in on MY plant! I know that's what it is from the way he is stripping the plants bare and I have been practically laying in wait for him today, and wouldn't you know he hasn't shown his face once? I even had Curtis out looking for him. I can't wait to smash him to bit! YUCH! I just want him to quit eating my plant!
I can't believe it's September already. Soon we will have more fall-like weather - and none too soon, since Luci is fast outgrowing her summer wardrobe and all her 12 month clothes are geared for cooler weather. In fact this week we're only supposed to see one day above 90! Wheeeeee! Break out the jeans!
Well it is my bedtime, so I am signing off....Good night!
No comments:
Post a Comment