Monday, August 11, 2008

Monday Morning

And a new week starts again! August is marching on...and I must say this August is much better than last year! Last year we had several weeks straight of temperatures above 100, with no rain. Today's high is only supposed to be 88 and we had a lovely rain shower last night! It's still pretty wet this morning, but I'm thinking the park tomorrow morning.

Curtis broke the mower yesterday, so the yard is only half mowed...he was able to fix it again, but not in time to mow before the rain hit. He was lucky enough to break it just in time to hit the end of summer clearance on mower supplies! Another couple weeks and all he'd have found would be Christmas decor, but as it was he was able to replace the air filter for just a couple dollars.

This weekend was pretty quiet (except for the mower incident). We stuck close to home, played outside, packed away baby supplies to the attic (it's nice to have the extra room in Luci's closet!)...just a nice, generally quiet weekend.

Toby is being a parrot nowadays...everything we say is repeated back to us. Luci followed us around the house...she will chase me down whenever I have the vacuum...she is fascinated by it! I am working on her waking issues. Lately she has been waking, but able to put herself back to sleep after just a few minutes. Last night she did this twice before we went to bed, I fed her at 2, then she was up at 6 fussing for a bit. I let her be rather than rush in to get her and she fell back sleep for another 2 hours. Yay! Of course she woke up her brother who came in to make sure I was up, so the day still started early, but Toby is usually happy to chill out quietly for the first 30 minutes or so of the day.

We've been watching a lot of the Olympics...Toby loves to watch the sports! Rowing had him completely fascinated yesterday - "Boats backwards!" he kept exclaiming. And swimming...good lord, that got the boy in the mood for the pool! It's a good thing we already have plans to hit the pool Thursday with friends. When watching men's gymnastics, he said, "Toby jump tooooooooooooooo!"

I wanted to send my congrats to my cousin and his wife who welcomed their first child into the world this morning - may she sleep well for you! I can't wait to meet her but it will be a few months before we're in Ohio again :(

I don't really have any new pics to post today....guess that means I should get the camera out and playing today! We are going to run to WalMart this morning, then who knows this afternoon. Maybe outback, if the mosquitos don't eat us alive!

No comments: