Saturday, May 10, 2008

Buggies!

I bet you thought this was about the insect variety...suprise!

Today we took the kids to the buggy festival in Carthage. We got there early, before the heat and the crowds. There were a lot of booths, and tons to look at...tractors, old cars... Toby had a blast!


We tried to take more pics, but he adamantly refused. He is a camera hater these days.

We only stayed a little over an hour, and Toby didn't seem terribly entralled so we decided to get home before lunchtime. We get in the car and Toby LOST IT. Apparently he was having a lot of fun and he was royally po'ed that we were leaving. He cried for 20 minutes, at least. I felt really bad; I had no idea he was having that good a time since he was insisting on being held and wasn't paying much attention to anything. We even tried to get him to stand next to a fire truck (he had one on his shirt today), and he wasn't interested in the least.

We got home and ate lunch, then decided to renovate the front yard. To the left of our driveway we had 4 rhododendrens, 2 of which died in the drought last summer. And at the end of the second parking area, we had 4 tall bushes we didn't like there, so we decided to rearrange. We moved them to create a sort of privacy fence for the back yard - we'll see if they live or not. I also weeded the whole front flower bed...I swear, the weeds there are growing faster than Toby is! I managed to get sun burnt, big suprise, right? I also planted morning glories around the mailbox...we shall see whether my thumb is green or just the dull peach shade it usually appears as.

Anyway, the yard looks better and Curtis and I are pretty tired tonight. Toby dropped right off to sleep...he did a lot of helping today!

Grass update - it is growing! We could first see it last night, and today there is a light carpet of the thinnest green all over the back yard! YAY! It's supposed to rain here tomorrow, so I hope it does - every bit helps!

Tonight for dinner Curtis fired up the grill again. He's definitely redeemed himself there (there were some bad incidents last year). He marinated chicken breasts this afternoon (I'm not sure what he used, but there was lemon in it!), then I made pico de gallo this afternoon (diced tomatos, onion, fresh cilantro, and a dash of sugar - YUM enough that I'm going to grow cilantro this summer!), and dinner rolls, corn, and black beans on the side. Mmmmmmm. Didn't quite top the pork chops from last week (those were unbelievably good), but a close second anyway. The best part? It took an hour total, and with Curtis doing half and me doing half, it really wasn't that much work for either of us.

Happy mothers day to all mothers tomorrow! I'm not sure what's in store for me tomorrow, but I'm relatively sure I'm not cooking!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh YUM! I'm coming to your house for dinner :)

Tell us, what happened last year with the BBQ?? lol.

Hope you had a fantastic Mother's day!! <3