As I type, I hear the mower in the backyard, the perfect backdrop for this post! As of Thursday, we are on summer break!
I was able to help with Toby's field day at school...as it rained, we only managed a half day, but it was fun while it lasted! I was working the soccer bowling station, which was fun but exhausting! I am still sore from it! The kids watched a movie in the afternoon - which was controlled chaos at best.
On Friday (our first day of break) we managed errands, the library, and the park. It was also our last day of evening practice for swim team, THANK GOODNESS. Those 5:30 practices were killing dinner time - I had to have Lucy eating by 4:15 to get her done, and couldn't feed Jay that early or he would be up hungry at 6am the next morning. We move to morning practices this week, and while they will interfere with nap, at least they don't interfere with food!
Lucy is loving swim though - it sure looks exhausting, but she has a great time!
Both kids have been busy reading for the library reading club - I don't think they will have any trouble finishing 30 hours at this rate. This thing gets so much easier when the kids can read to themselves!
Jay is showing no interest in walking right now - I thought for sure he'd be walking before his birthday, but I don't think it has really occurred to him yet that he could walk - he's not trying, though I'm pretty sure with a little effort he would be able to. While my back is looking forward to his walking, it's nice to see him happy to stay a baby for me!
Lucy and I had our hair cut this morning - will have to get a picture of her!
No comments:
Post a Comment