Saturday, June 15, 2013

Full Swing into Summer

Mid June and this summer party is well under way!

Lucy's first swim meet was Thursday at Eaton.  She had a wonderful time despite some rather chilly weather.  She loved watching the other kids racing too!  Curtis was able to take her, as I took Toby to tennis then had praise team practice at church.  She competed in both freestyle and backstroke, and I'm so proud of her - to swim a full length of the pool at 5!  And to go off the diving blocks!  Way to go Lucy!



Yesterday Curtis caught my miserable summer cold (my voice is still odd, which stinks because I'm supposed to sing at church tomorrow!) and stayed home - I took the kids out of the house so he could get some quiet rest and we ended up at Aullwood!  We started at the Farm and visited the animals, then made the hike to the Center and had fun there too!



This was Jay's first ride in the backpack and he seemed to enjoy the ride.

Jay is still taking 2 steps at a time, then lunging forward.  He is fascinated by the idea though and practices all the time - his favorite game is walking between me and Curtis :)

Curtis is working the grill today to make some yummy bbq pork for tomorrow's Father's Day dinner - I cant wait!  Every time the back door opens, my mouth starts watering. 

No comments: