I took these photos over the weekend. I wanted to compose a post about the wonders that is my garden.
But then this evening, as I was putting some chives out, Curtis came out on the porch.
"Where is the broccoli?" he asks.
??
!
I had 5 broccoli plants, one maturing, and 4 freshly replaces after being eaten to the ground twice already. I thought I had fixed this problem with the addition of fencing around the entire bed.
Nope.
4 fresh young broccoli plants eaten to the ground. There is nothing left.
And my big, leafy, healthy broccoli? It doesn't have much in the way of leaves anymore.
We figure at this point it has to be a deer. We know there are rabbits around, but there is no way a rabbit is getting into the garden without a trace at this point. He would have mangled the fence to do it.
I'm dreaming of venison. Broccoli fattened up venison.
No comments:
Post a Comment