So it sounds like the worst may have happened...BUT...crabs, like other invertebrates, do molt in order to grow. We were hoping that what we were seeing was just a molt of the crab, but it was in a hard spot to get to so we couldn't really pull it out and see. So we were left to look for signs of the crab in the tank, and of course he's no where to be seen. But, alas, this morning we can tell he's been nibbling voraciously on the live rock (there's a whole section that's been eaten!), so chances ar good that he is indeed alive and eating well...we just can't see him.
In other fishy news, we have two new fish in the quarantine tank right now. They are called dartfishes, and they are still in the hiding phase, so here's what they look like, but this isn't our fish.

We are catching them out and about in the tank, so I don't think they're terribly timid, just getting used to their new place.
Let's see, no new pics of the kids yet. I just haven't had the camera clicking this week. We did go to the zoo yesterday but I didn't even pull the camera out. Both kdis were worn out and CRANKY by the time we got home. Hopefully a quiet day at home today will restore their good spirits.
It's grey and gloomy today...a very good day to stay in with a good cup of coffee and a craft. I sewed a nightgown for Lucy last week and am now crocheting the trim for it. I love it...it's a new pattern and I think that it could easily be used for a dress too.
Curtis is researching new lights for his tank...when he upgrades the lights he can start to keep corals in his tank.
Toby is currently building a train track...he loves to build huge winding ones...keeps him busy for hours, as long as Lucy isn't behind him destroying it.
So there's my update for the week...not a lot new. We are enjoying spring though!
No comments:
Post a Comment