From Chicago that is! I am still so tired...it would help to get a full night's sleep, but Oh good lord no, let's not let that happen! I'm wondering if I'm just not giving Luci enough solids...tonight I let her eat until she quit, and although I don't know the exact ounces (I have frozen cubes of babyfood and I don't know quite how big they are)...she had 2 cubes of peaches, 1 cube of pears, 1 2 ounce jar of chicken (smells like dog food and Luci does NOT appreciate it. Luckily I was able to mask the taste with the peaches, then mixed in applesauce to finish it up), then as much applesauce as she would eat - at least 2 more ounces of it. This is at least double what she normally eats because I just give her what I think she wants...we'll see if it makes any difference. I hope so, my eyes are in a constant state of scratchiness.
Today was Toby's 1 week checkup from his surgery. I was worried he would be scared and not cooperate (and who would blame him?) but he did GREAT! Let everyone look and was all smiles for everyone. They took an entire mouth xray and everything looks good. I think I will stay nervous until all his adult teeth are in without incident...so what, oh, another 16 years? :P But that's a mother for you. We promised him if he behaved we'd go to the zoo and see the polar bears (his fav!), and he'd do anything for that.
So, even though it was at least 90 degrees at 11:00 we headed to the zoo, for a little bit at least. We like to get our money's worth out of the membership so we stop by as much as we can. Today was nice...it was hot, but I guess we're getting a little used to the Southern heat, as it just doesn't feel as bad as it did when we first moved down here. We saw the polar bear, sitting in water - Toby thought that was hilarious! We saw about half the zoo then headed home - no need to wipe ourselves out in the heat.
Tomorrow is the kick off for tax free weekend so I think we're heading out to get some new clothes. No one needs a lot, but everyone needs a little something. Curtis didn't want to go, but alas he needs a pair of jeans and I don't want to trust the sizing to fit. I was tentatively planning to make it a girls day out, but I don't like the driving so I'm more than happy to see the boys come too.
Oh, I wanted to finish with a rave for a company. In February I bought a jjcole diaper bag that I loved and had had my eye on for months. When I saw it go on sale I snatched it up. Well a few weeks ago (after 5 months of ownership) it started to really show wear, then while we were in Chicago it ripped completely. I was, to say the least, perturbed. So I wrote a rather angry email to the company about the shoddy quality, and someone called me the SAME DAY. Turns out they had some problems with certain bags, had fixed the problem, and would send me a new bag, no problem! Talk about great customer service! I am thrilled because I do love the bag and was so sad at the thought of replacing it.
I do have new pics on the camera - Luci has been sporting the ponytail the last couple days and I LOVE IT. She is adorable with it, and I've been documenting, but the pics are still on my camera. I will get them on this weekend sometime. She is getting so good at pulling up, and will stand holding on to furniture with just one hand! Eek, she is going to be walking long before I'm ready!
Toby is playing SO WELL with Luci these days...he is so cute. Now he wants to help her walk, but he's really not a sturdy handhold for her, so what ends up happening...he holds her hands and I hold her middle to keep her upright...it's quite a sight! But the two of them are having fun together.
Wish us luck tomorrow - I think it will be nearly as bad as Black Friday...but the sales should be good so I hope it's worth it!
No comments:
Post a Comment