Our whirlwind trip to Chicago has come to an end and we are back in sticky hot NC! Our last day driving in, the temp was 74 in the mountains, and by the time we were out of the mountains in NC it was 96! Home indeed!
I have more pics than what I know what to do with (435 to be exact) and I am working on a nice long post littered with pics and stories, but I am waiting to get some pics from other people before I post. We did so many fun things - on the way north we stopped at Pilot Mountain for a break - beautiful! We drove to the top! We stayed in Frankfort, KY on our way north. In Chicago we went to a pool party, the rainforst cafe, a swanky party at the MidAmerica Club, a boat tour of the river and lake in Chicago, then on the way home we hit up the Newport Aquarium in Cincy. We spent a LOT of time in the car, and frankly I could go a LONG time before I want to get back in, but it really went well with the kids. I was pleasantly suprised!
Tomorrow is Toby's surgery to remove his extra tooth in the roof of his mouth. I am very nervous and worried, but thankfully I don't have a long time to fret. We have to be there at 9:30 tomorrow morning, and it shouldn't take too long. I will be able to sit with him the whole time (or Curtis, but since he gets queasy at the sight of blood, I think it will be better if I am in there). So please say some prayers for Toby that tomorrow goes smoothly.
We had a lot of rain yesterday - almost 2 inches yesterday afternoon and more overnight - I haven't been out to check the raingauge yet, but it's definitely still wet outside! Good, my cherry tomato was looking rather wilted, although we picked 7 red tomatos off it when we got home yesterday. Toby LOVES them. Won't eat a tomato in a meal to save his life, but pick them off a plant and they're apparently delicious (to be fair, they are really wonderful tomatos!). Thanks Grandma M for the great plant!
Ok, well Blue's Clues is over so that is my sign that mama time is over! I did get a shower out of it too, so it has been a good morning. I will post pics and stories later, I promise (although it might be this weekend or sometime next week before I get everything organized).
Take care and I will let you all know how T does tomorrow.
2 comments:
I'm glad the vacay went smoothly and we will be thinking about Toby tomorrow! More icecream is in his future, perhaps?
Oh probably :) I already stocked up on jello, pudding, and applesauce! I think the kid is going to have a yummy recovery. We're also going to buy him the Cars DVD to watch as he crashes on the couch for the next few days.
Post a Comment