Saturday, December 15, 2007

Introducing Lucia Nadine!

Our little Lucy arrived today! First of, what you all want - the pics :)




And now the story:

Last night (Dec 14th) I sort of thought my water had broken around 11:30, but I wasn't sure. About the same time I started getting contractions at 7-8 minutes apart, but they weren't terribly painful - although they were definitely different from the braxton hicks I had been getting. Curtis and I stayed up a little late, but they didn't seem to be changing so we decided to try to get some sleep after finishing packing my hospital bag. Suprisingly, we both slept rather well! This morning I woke about 6:30, and when I got out of bed, I started feeling the contractions again right away. I started timing them and they were 2-3 minutes apart! I didn't wait long to get Curtis up - I said I think this is it, get up and moving! By 8:30 we had Toby up and were out the door to drop him off at friends on our way to the hospital. By this point the contractions were almost constant and very painful. We got to the hospital and checked in - at 9 I was in triage and the measured me at 8 cm! They very quickly readied a room for me, and in an hour I was ready to push! Lucia took 24 minutes to make her entrance into the world - she was born at 10:24 this morning, weighing in at 8 lbs, 10 ounces, and 20 inches long! She has a head full of hair and chubby cheeks :) She has taken to feedings very well so far.

I am doing well too - this recovery is leaps and bounds better than my recovery with Toby. I hope it continues to go as well. But a short labor after a full night's sleep certainly makes a difference!

Toby spent about 3 minutes fascinated with his little sister - then he was off to explore all the fun buttons of a hospital room :) Needless to say, he and daddy didn't stay too long! They ate dinner with me though.

I haven't heard for sure, but I'm hoping to go home tomorrow. Both baby and I are doing really well so far. Enjoy the pics - I'm sure there will be more soon!

Happy early Christmas to us!

No comments: