Doesn't this say it all? She's almost 2 months already! If that isn't scary, I don't know what is.

And one of the sibs. This week my MOPS table is meeting for socializing, and I'm in charge of the kid craft. Most the kids are close to Toby's age, so it took some thinking to come up with something that can be done in a group while minimizing chaos, and I think I found a cute one!

And as the title suggests, the house is changing. It is high time to move Lucy into her own room, and to do so we have to move Toby to his new room. The plan was to have him moved by his birthday, and suddenly on Friday we realized that we were well in to Feb and would have to start moving on this project.
Toby LOVES trains so we decided to go with a Thomas the Train theme. We bought a comforter for him, and took it to Home Depot to match paint to the light blue in the background of the comforter.
Here is the room after priming the trim and edging the room with the blue.


Curtis finished rolling the room today:

I will be painting the trim red next weekend after the walls have had ample time to dry. I'm really excited about the whole room! I need to buy fabric for curtains (found it already at WalMart) and I bought custom name canvases for both kids - a friend is painting them for me. We found the bedroom furniture we want and will hopefully be able to pick it up next weekend.
We also decided that we want to throw a bday party for Toby this year - we've been on the fence about it for a few weeks now, but we decided to go ahead and have one. It will be fun to get the kids together to play! So now I'm looking at party supplies online.
Bust busy busy!
I also ordered fabric online last week to make a minky lined sling - it should be here tomorrow. I know I'm going to want to play as soon as it gets here - which will win out? Room decorating or fun sewing? Ah, choices, choices :)
Michelle
No comments:
Post a Comment