Tuesday, March 14, 2006

He's Here!!!!!!

It's odd...the happier the news, the longer it sometimes takes to get out. Tobias Michael Mears made his appearance into the world on March 6th at 4:11 pm (yes, I know, over a week ago!). He weighed in at 9 lbs, 4 oz, and 22 inches long. I had a 13 hour labor and did it with pretty much no meds (even the dr said that what I had in my iv didn't count!). I tore pretty badly though, so recovery has been very difficult and painful...but it was totally worth it to have my sweet baby boy!

He's so good...he loves to sleep like most newborns, but he has his alert periods each day. He has the sweetest smile, even though I know it usually means he is doing something dirty in his diaper :) I could just sit and hold him all day...who needs laundry when you have a baby!

Dad is doing an exceptional job...he has taken over most of the diaper duty since I have problems getting around and has done a wonderful job of housework and cooking. The nights are hard on him, but he's getting used to it (and afternoon naps). So is Mom.


Love to all,
Michelle


1 comment:

emily said...

awwwww! What a sweet little guy. Congratulations to you both :).