Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Dinner rolls!

So I tried my hand at dinner rolls last night - we had leftover split pea soup (YUM!) and needed some carbs to go with, and I didn't have any good bread on hand SO I went looking for recipes, and found this one from www.ourbestbites.com (yet again...)

The flavor was wonderful!  They seemed a little heavy, but I don't know whether it was because I added too much flour or because I halved the recipe and it called for 3 eggs and I opted for 2 (just can't do 1.5).  The tasted great though!  And they really weren't hard at all - took some time, since they had to rise for 1.5 hours total, so it's not a good last minute addition, but I started it before getting Toby off the bus and the timing was perfect.

The rolls were also gigantic, though, so next time I would make them half the size and maybe freeze half the batch.

And by the way, the forecasters are saying there is NO chance of snow today...WHY am I seeing flakes in the air?

No comments: