Monday, October 13, 2008

A Whrilwind Trip

Ah, home again! I think this was by far the shortest and most exhausting trip we have taken to date. We left Thursday for Ohio at 3:30 am and drove back yesterday (Sunday), getting home at 8:30pm. Curtis and I were in bed by 10 and zonked until the kids woke us up at 7 this morning. They are BOTH napping right now which tells you a lot about their state of mind as well.
I do have a few pics to share...Luci had her first wagon ride while we were in Ohio.

And Toby had a ride as well
Toby picked out a pumpkin with Grandma M and she helped him gut it and carve it! He had so much fun and couldn't wait to tell me all about it. Luci and I went shopping with Grandma C and had a blast.
Saturday night we went to a wedding. Toby had a blast - he couldn't wait to get out on the dance floor and cut a rug. Sadly, there was no chicken dance (we'd been promising him for weeks he could dance the chicken dance at the wedding - OOPS!) So I'll have to get that one going for him this afternoon :O)
Toby was so sad to leave and this morning he's been telling me all the fun things he did at Grandma and Grandpa's house. I think the kid is seriously bummed he had to leave. Luci on the other hand is thrilled to be home! She's kind of in a "mommy" phase right now...and home means familiar, so I understand her excitement.
I have a few pics from last week too...this little lizard was hanging out on the neighbor's fence last week.
Here is the doll I knitted Luci for Christmas this year. It is even cuter in person! I can't wait to give it to her. I'm also working on a penguin for Toby.
This is a rainbow that Toby drew on his magna doodle last week - he showed me and told me it was a rainbow! My little artist at work.
Toby found this lizard today hanging out on the hose reel right outside his bedroom window. He came running to find me yelling "Frog! Frog!" I had to tell him it wasn't a frog, but lizards are just as much fun! We have been seeing tree frogs on the house lately, so it was an honest mistake, lol!

I am just plain pooped. I think it will take me a week to recover. Tonight is Curtis's late night at school, so it will be a long afternoon. I have most the kid's stuff unpacked but haven't touched mine and Curtis's. I did get Lex picked up this morning - boy was he happy to see me! He's happily napping right now too. I even got a grocery run in sans kids while Curtis studied for his test, Luci napped, and Toby watched Cars (again!).
Well, I hope you all have wonderful weeks! Today is lovely - sunny and in the mid-70's with a nice breeze cooling off the house.
Chel

No comments: