Sunday, April 20, 2008

My front pagers!


This was the photo on the front page of today's paper! If you look just over the kid's arm (the one throwing the frisbee) you will see Curtis, Toby, and Lucy! What a pleasant suprise this morning when I opened the paper.


So you can see what we were up to yesterday. We took the dog too (at the time the pic was taken, I was with Lex getting his rabis vax). The kids and the dog had a blast! We were also able to get Lex microchipped, something we've been meaning to do for awhile. There were booths and rescue agencies there too (and there was the CUTEST female boston...if I thought for an instant I stood a chance of bringing her home I would have tried, but I think Curtis thinks the house is full right now).
Friday we spent shopping - it was exhausting but I got a lot done! I needed to get Toby some bigger clothes, and I found some cute ones! I even scored big at Belk, with a 4 piece suit for Toby in a size 4 for $15. It's dress pants, dress shirt, vest, and tie...originally marked at $50! Woohoo! And I found a few cute dresses for Lucy for this summer...the light cotton kind that are so adorable on little girls! I was psyched. It was a long day though and Lucy screamed a good bit of the ride home - what I wouldn't give for a mall closer than an hour away!
We also did haircuts yesterday. Both Curtis and Toby were in sore need of haircuts, so I pulled out the trimmers and got to work while Lucy napped. After we finished with those I hosed off the back porch and outdoor toys...I think the pollen has died down, so I wanted to clean off all the residual pollen from our stuff. Gross! That may be the reason I have a sinus headache today - too much pollen yesterday.
I also trimmed up the bushes out front. We took a good look at the tree in the front yard and it's not dead, as we feared! Yay, that will save us $50! Curtis trimmed the dead branches off it so it looks much more appealing now.
Last night we got a half inch of rain - YAY! Go away, drought!
Today is beautiful. It is in the 70's right now with the perfect light breeze, so I think when Lucy wakes up we will head to the horticultural gardens for a walk. Toby needs the exercise (he's been a PILL this morning) and I want to play with my camera, and what better place than a garden in bloom? So we will get the kids dressed (Toby is still in his pj's, as that's what he insisted on wearing under his overalls this morning...kids!) and Lucy is just in a T and diaper, so we will cutify her too :P With any luck I will have some cute cute cute pics to post later!
Anyway, have a wonderful Sunday everyone. I have been trying to knit but the forces have been against me this weekend. First I couldn't get the sizing of the soaker right, then I ripped it out and have decided I don't have enough of that color anyway so I'm on to a different one, and it's coming along much smoother.
Chel

No comments: