Thursday, January 12, 2006

A Balmy January day

The weather here is beautiful! Yesterday we hit 70!!! I can hardly believe this is January, but I'm going to sit back and enjoy it while it lasts. It's amazing that it feels more like March than January. I love North Carolina!

The apartment is starting to take shape. Last night we moved the recliner out of the study and into the living room, and moved the rocking chair into the nursery. Everything else left is going to have to be done in one fell swoop, as in order to move the table, we have to move the bookshelf, and in order to move the desks out we have to move the table. It's going to ba a hairy couple of days but I will gladly rest once it's all said and done. And then I can start decorating!

I must sheepishly admit that I managed to lock myself out of the apartment yesterday. Oops :) I was on the phone with my neighbor, and she wanted me to check on something in her apartment since she's out of town. I remembered to grab her key, but not my own, and I knew it the minute I shut the door. Argh! I'm just thankful that 1.) I can walk down to the office and get the spare key, 2.) it wasn't raining yet, and 3.) I was wearing shoes. Curtis thought the whole incident was much funner than I thought it was.

Well, I am hoping to have pictures to post in my next entry...first off, of the apartment completely rearranged, and second, we are supposed to have an ultrasound done tomorrow at my appointment! Cross your fingers and hope little bean cooperates with the ultrasound tech...I want to see his face!

Chel

No comments: