Sunday, March 24, 2013

Whoa, 9 Months?

Yes, that is a question. Where has time gone? In no time, Jay-Bird is 9 months!  We're starting to peek around the corner at that one year mark...and it's a scary milestone!  Not sure I'm ready to really say goodbye to babyhood forever (and yet, I am, I SO am, no hidden messages, just nostalgia)

We did his 9 month pictures today, because frankly I forgot yesterday.  We've had a run of bad nights around here.
This is how we ended the shoot.  He's definitely mobile now!
And he managed to rip his sticker off right away.  Smart little booger!
He's cruising proficiently now and crawling like a champ...he's very fast, and faster when he knows he's about to reach some super desireable object he's not allowed to have - like the dog bowl.  Lucky for us, he laughs hysterically when he gets close, so we get a heads up :)  When he learned to crawl and cruise he quit talking for a few weeks, but is back to his babababaaaaa now...no other consonants yet, but I'm sure they're coming.  His fine motor skills are improving as well - he is able to grasp small pieces of food and self feed cheerios and puffs, and he started clapping last week.  His absolute favorite game is chasing balls or balloons around the room - he spends the better part of his days in this pursuit.  And chasing the dog.  He loves the dog.

Sleep is still bad, but we're employing some strategies to hopefully improve that situation.  Will have to update that one in the future.

It;s snowing.  Again. 

1 comment:

Erin said...

Oh my goodness, how is he that big already?!? Hope you get some sleep soon!