Monday, December 17, 2012

Happy Birthday Lucy

This post comes a couple days late but between birthday fun and recovering from the stomach bug I'm not exactly back up to par yet.  But I wanted to share some pictures of my 5 year old!

Her big present from mom and dad was getting her ears pierced.  She's been asking since July, and we told her she had to wait until her birthday.  I wasn't convinced she would actually follow through since she was super concerned with whether it would hurt, but follow through she did!  I was supposed to take her to the dr while Curtis was at work Friday, but since I was down, it turned into a Daddy-Daughter Date!
She's very excited about them, and we accidentally did it at a great time - I didn't know she should stay out of the pool after having them done, and we just finished swim classes, so it worked out perfect!
We had planned a party at home on her birthday, but my bug kinda thrw a kink in that - luckily we were able to go to Grandma and Grandpa Mears the next day and have everyone over!  5 candles!
Tinkerbell cake!

We will have her at the dr at the end of the month for her checkup, but we measured her at about 2.5 inches of growth over the last year.  This year she has also learned to read, started preschool, ran her first 2 5ks, and become a really funny, lovely person to know.  I feel so blessed to be her mama!

Happy Birthday Lucy!

1 comment:

Erin said...

She is looking so mature!!!