Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Ghost N Goblin 2012

Last night Lucy and I ran the Ghost n Goblin 5k in Dayton.  She did awesome!  48:07, which is 5 minutes faster than we did the Dayton River Corridor Classic a week and a half ago.  She is so much fun to run with; her commentary is hilarious!  She loved watching the other runners and weaving in and out was a fun challenge for her as well.  I think one of her favorite parts was passing the Tooth Fairy and getting a toothbrush!  There were only 2 4 year olds in the race and somehow we ended up running against the other one (a boy) for most the race - he was determined not to let a girl beat him, which got Lucy fired up as well.  Those two raced against each other for most the last half!  In the end he beat her across the line, but when I checked chip times last night, Lucy had him beat by a minute :)  That's my girl!

She was all smiles afterwards and scarfed down her pizza (I would have joined her, but drat it the baby is still spitty after dairy), and was out like a light as soon as she hit the pillow.  She's already talking about next year!

All the 8 and under kids got a medal, and she's proudly wearing it today. 

Way to go Lucy!

No comments: