Saturday, September 03, 2011

The Great Pie Experiment

So my husband loves pie.  Loves it.  And it's the only dessert he really enjoys eating - he will bypass almost any other dessert for a second helping of dinner.

And until the summer I couldn't make a pie.

Pillsbury was my go to crust and I usually only made a pumpkin pie once a year, for his birthday.  And he didn't eat the crust because he didn't like it.

So, feeling like i was perhaps lacking in the pie department I decided that if I would just commit to making 1 pie a week for a year, I would be a pie expert at the end of a year.  52 pies.  Can I do it?

Honestly, I should have started blogging about this when I started baking pies, but at the time I was busy and figured i'd catch up later...and I'd guess this is later :)

So far I've made:
Dutch Apple ( good)
Peach
Blueberry
Strawberry/ Blueberry

The crusts are getting better and the hubby is thrilled at my new venture.

So raise your fork!  It's pie time!


No comments: