Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The 3 Years Dress

I made this dress for Lucy when she was just a bitty thing - here's her modeling it at 8 months -

She wore it again last year as a long top, and yesterday I pulled it out when I was sorting through summer/fall clothes. This morning she tried it on and -

voila!
Woot woot! 3 years in a handmade outfit! I can't believe it's been so versatile!

We are loving the cooler weather. The kids are snuggled up on the couch with blankets, as it is a little chilly in here right now, but it feels fantastic to me! I have had 3 orders for new slippers in the last 2 weeks though - Curtis's have holes, Lucy doesn't have a pair yet, and I gotta admit, I might make a pair for myself - our hard floors are COLD of a morning! Luckily I made Toby's over the summer, so his are good to go.

We still have hummingbirds - for how much longer, I don't know. It seems we have lost a few over the last week or so. We still have one quite regular, and once in a while I see a second one hanging around, so I'm not sure how much longer we'll be seeing the little guys. I will miss them!

My goal for the next couple weeks is to start making some Halloween decor for the house/ outside. We have hardly any Halloween decorations, and I'd prefer to make rather thana buy. So we'll have to see what the kid and I come up with!

No comments: