Monday, December 14, 2009

December??!?

I know I keep promising to keep the blog updated, but life has been super hectic lately. Christmas seems to do that every year, doesn't it?

While I am busy making Christmas gifts and goodies, and wrapping said gifts and cookies, the kids are keeping busy too...

I won't even try to explain. Except to say they were both happy.

We went out Christmas tree hunting just over a week ago...I love the local tree farm we use.

Here is our tree in the field

The kids had so much fun finding the tree and helping to decorate it. I've even been able to not put the "super yard" around it this year (ie, while sorely tempted the kids are not playing with the ornaments). Though I don't trust them with packages, so those will stay hidden until Christmas Eve. I do need to take a picture of the decorated tree...I didn't realize I hadn't taken one until just now!

The van got a flat yesterday so I'm staying put today - while I can drive on the spare, it just doesn't drive nearly as nicely and I'm so afraid it will leave me sit! We're hoping to get it patched tomorrow. At least we noticed the flat in the driveway, not at some store somewhere!

The big news around here is that Lucy's big "2" birthday is tomorrow. Toby is super excited and Curtis and I have been working hard on her gift! I am so excited.

All my Christmas shopping is done, which is a great feeling! Now it's time to get busy in the kitchen, and finish up those last Christmas cards.

Merry Christmas, and I will get some Birthday pics up tomorrow or Wednesday!

Michelle

ETA: I just updated my crafts blog too so if you want to see what I've been up to, pop on over. http://knittygrittychel.blogspot.com

1 comment:

Lora said...

Happy Birthday, Lucy!