Yesterday was Toby's first birthday, and a memorable one at that. The poor kiddo was sick the day before, and then gave it to me, Curtis, and my parents who were visiting. So we spent TOby's birthday on the couch, completely felled by the flu. Blech. It was not a fun day at all.
Today we did the cake and ice cream, well, no ice cream for Toby but he loved the cake! He's still regaining his appetite, but I just couldn't put off his cake another day. He just loved every crumb he got.
Here is a video of Toby, well, really there's two. The first was on his birthday, when I went in to get him up for the day. You can see his reaction for yourself. The second is his first real taste of birthday cake. Happy birthday Toby!
I am very sad that my baby is 1, but at the same time it is so much fun watching him grow. I just cannot believe how much he has changed in the last year. It was just a year ago that he, daddy, and I were still in the hospital, amazing by this little being in our arms! We are just as amazed today, but a little less afraid of breaking him ;) I can hardly remember life before Toby...it's almost as though there was nothing before him. Children really do change everything. And for the better. I cannot imagine my life without my little sunshine to brighten every day. Even when he's cranky, he's so cute! ANd if that's not the essence of motherly love, I don't know what is.
Alright, enough with the sappy talk. Enjoy the video, and for those of you on dial up, this is longer than my others so you may want to start the download and then do some chores or something while it downloads, lol!
May the next year exceed the last (if that's possible)
Chel
No comments:
Post a Comment